About Margaret O’Donnell, MB FRCSI, FRCSI (Plast)
A graduate of UCD in 1984, Margaret specialises in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Having trained in Ireland, the UK and Australia, she is on the Specialist Register of the Irish Medical Council since 1998.
Her areas of special interest are skin cancer surgery, reconstructve breast surgery and cosmetic procedures. Margaret has been a consultant since 1997, ran the National Burns Unit in St. James Hospital for 10 years, and has extensive experience with breast reconstructive surgery since 1992.
She operates in St. Vincent’s Hospital, the Blackrock Clinic and the Bons Secours Hospital, Glasnevin. She is also a special lecturer in the Royal College of Surgeons on Human Factors & Patient Safety.
She is the Immediate Past President, and a member of the Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons (IAPS). She is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the Britsh Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS), and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS).
She is married with 3 children.
- MB Bch BAO 1984 University College Dublin
- FRCSI 1988 Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland
- FRCSI (Plast) 1994 Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland – Intercollegiate Board
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital
- Blackrock Clinic
- Bons Secours Hospital
- Special Lecturer Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland – Human Factors & Patient Safety
- Breast Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Aesthetic Surgery
- Member Irish Association Plastic Surgeons (IAPS). President 2014-2017
- Member British Association Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS) ex-National Secretary